Once your website is created it will need to be hosted somewhere. Web hosting services allow your web site to be seen on the world wide web. Web hosting is in effect rented space on a server. After purchasing your domain name, you will need hosting to be able to display your website on the Internet.
Payment for hosting packages is usually paid on an annual basis and you will be notified by email as and when it is due for renewal. We include this cost in any web design quotation we send to our clients.
We can also provide web hosting for an existing site, whether or not it was built by Webbex. We are partnered with a carefully chosen web hosting company who meet our specifically chosen criteria.
We offer a unique hosting plan to our customers, which is upgradable should specific needs require. For more information and prices for these plans see our Web Hosting Plan page.
The servers that we use are located in Canada and the USA and some salient information includes:
- Our data centre has all the security features you can imagine to protect the equipment and the premises and is equipped with complete climate and temperature control, raised floor facility, fault protection, security, fire-suppression systems, water detection systems, uninterruptible power supply (UPS), standby and redundant power generation and diesel backup generators.
- Our hosting infrastructure is state of the art and all our equipment is powered by Intel Server products and a fully featured Cisco-powered network.
- Uptime Guarantee: 99.9% - We are striving for more – but can realistically give you the industry standard of 99.9% uptime on your servers. Our mission is 100% uptime – but due to the nature of shared hosting, that is a very difficult proposition as many users are sharing the same resources. We put all the applications, monitoring services and controls in place to quickly identify potential problem areas and take a proactive stance on all of our equipment.
- 24x7 Manned Security - On-site uniformed security is onsite, all day every day. The access control into the facilities is highly controlled. Monitoring in the building includes security devices, alarm systems, access controls such as card readers, alarm management, recording of data and comprehensive reporting capabilities, as well as a photo identification system.
- The main entrance to the building is protected by optical turnstiles which provide a second level of security at the main entrance. There are numerous closed circuit television (CCTV) cameras located in every sensitive area of the building, monitoring areas such as mechanical areas, tenant floor, loading dock and basically every aspect of the building.
- Electrical Systems - The building is fed by two new transformers as the main reliable power supply which are fed directly by the local substation. With power supply being such a critical element of web hosting our data center is second to none in terms of Electrical Power Support and redundancy.
- The building also currently houses a number of diesel generators for backup power support in case of power failure on the main power grids.